Running is good not only for your body but also for your mental health and soul and overall general well-being. Running improves your cardiovascular health and helps build strong bones. Not everybody enjoys running, but here are 30 reasons that might change your mind and get you going.
17 Reason You Should Run
- Keeps you in good shape: Running is one of the best ways to keep your body in good shape. It affects and activates the whole body. While running keep your hands moving too to give your body a total body workout.
- Burns body fat: Running burns body fat and keeps your cholesterol low.
- Breeds creativity and mental capability: Running helps you to be more creative and clears your mind.
- Lowers blood pressure: Running is proven to lower your blood pressure in just several weeks.
- Increased libido: Running is proven to be beneficial for your sexual drive.
- Increased energy: Running increases your energy. In addition, go for an early morning run and you will have energy throughout the whole day.
- Good night sleep: Running helps you sleep better. The more active the body, the better you will sleep at night.
- Clear up emotions: Running is proven to clear energy blockage in the body due to emotions that have been pent up in the body.
- Healthy skin: Running daily improves our skin. Running increases blood flow and it helps nourish skin cells and keeps them vital.
- Ease stress: Running helps you be less stress and raises endorphins that make your feel good and gives you that runner’s high.
- Improved muscle tone and strength: Running works on lower body muscles and helps you tone your legs muscles.
- Increased lung capacity: Runners have increased lung capacity due to the long running miles.
- Growing confidence: Running makes you more confident because it helps you expand your limits and achieve your running goals.
- Longer life: Runners do live longer than people who don’t run.
- Boosts your memory: Running daily activates the growth of fresh nerve cells and new blood vessels and helps with storing new pieces of information.
- Organizing: Running helps you with planning and organizing tasks.
- Stay young: Running is proven to make you stay young longer and will help you defeat age-related mental decline.
- Eat more: Running is a high-intensity exercise that makes you burn a lot of calories daily so you will be able to indulge in your favorite carbohydrates without feeling guilt.