The Paleo Diet popularity increased a lot in the last several years. This diet bases on eating food that the caveman would eat, so it bases on simple fresh food. The main things to eat on this diet is lots of protein for energy-meat, fish, eggs, fruits and lot of vegetables.
Nuts and seeds are also essential for this diet. Our hunter-gatherer’s ancestors ate only this kind of food and they had really strong and healthy bodies free of diseases and obesity. Following this type of diet can lead to losing weight, increased energy and vitality without calorie count. The main foods to be avoided during this diet are processed foods and sugars, dairy, and legumes. Here below is a detailed list of paleo allowed and forbidden foods:
- Meat: Beef, turkey, chicken, lamb, veal, duck, buffalo, and pork.
- Seafood: Tuna, Salmon, Cod, Mussels, Shrimp, and Lobster.
- Vegetables: Asparagus, Avocado, Carrots, Spinach, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Eggplant, Kale, and Lettuce.
- Healthy Oils: Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and Flaxseed oil
- Nuts&Seeds: Macadamia, Walnuts, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Pecans, Hazelnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Pine nuts.
- Fruits: Avocados, Apples, Kiwi, Bananas, Watermelon, Blueberries, Grapes, Oranges, Raspberries, Lemon, Lime, Tangerine, Cherries, and Pineapple.
- Dairy: all dairy is forbidden-butter, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, dairy spreads, cream cheese, yogurt, ice-cream.
- Legumes: all kinds of beans-black, kidney, adzuki, navy, pinto, white etc, peas, chickpeas, peanuts, miso, lentils, soybeans, tofu etc.
- Sodas, juices and energy drinks and alcohol: Coca-Cola, Sprite, Pepsi, fruit juices, Red Bull, Starbucks drinks, vodka, beer, rum, whiskey etc.
- Grains: bread sandwiches, oatmeal, crackers, all kinds of pasta, corn, wheat, seitan, flours.
- Refined sugars: candy bars, chocolates, agave nectar, brown sugar, white sugar.